Material impact analysis for your everyday workflow
- Learn how to leverage the Quartz Database with our Flux plugins to perform whole building LCA and health impact evaluations on a Rhino model.
- Use Excel for assigning materials to your model and visualizing the results of the analysis.
- In the U.S., buildings account for 30% of greenhouse gas emissions, 30% of raw materials use, and 30% of waste output (136 million tons annually).
- On average, we spend 90% of our lives inside buildings – sleeping, working, living, and playing.
- The Quartz Project – Flux’s pro-bono collaboration with Google, Healthy Building Network, and thinkstep – launched an open database in fall of 2015 with the life cycle assessment (LCA) and health impacts of 102 of the most common buildings products, to tackle the lack of transparency in material data.